photo botslide.jpg

Radiotherapy Appointment

Monday 1 June 2015

Hello.

I had an appointment today in Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital to talk about Radiotherapy, we had to talk about all the side affects that I might get, like tiredness, redness on the area of skin, sickness, and the long term affects it might have, I didn't really want to talk about them but of course you have to. Then they made the mask for when I have radiotherapy and they also made a mould for my legs to keep me still, when they were moulding my mask it felt quite weird and at first I felt claustrophobic but I didn't panic which is quite good for me because I usually panic when things like that happen. I went for a CT and had to have the mask on, it felt ok and I think I will get use to it, they drawn 2 dots on my stomach at the beginning of the CT and at the end they made them permanent so 2 small tattoos, they are so tiny you can hardly see them. 

I start radiotherapy next Tuesday but me and dad are going to Exeter this Friday for a trial run but not actually have the radiotherapy, I will have it every Tuesday and Friday, this will affect my plans for this month that I mentioned in my last blog post, because my immune system will be very low and I can catch infections easier, which is annoying but i would rather have the radiotherapy to try and get rid of the antibodies!

But I am very excited to see One Direction and Mcbusted live on Saturday!!!

This is the mask I will wear whilst i have radiotherapy.
As always, thank you for reading
Speak soon
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ur so brave Katie. Sending hugs for your journey ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes Katie, hope all goes well. From here in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mcbusted will be awesome. Thanks for keeping us in the loop , it's interesting to see what will happen . Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme