photo botslide.jpg

Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Hiya!

May is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness month… I did a post about it last year but i'm going to do a post about it every year! 

As you know(if you read my blog) I have Cystic Fibrosis, it is a genetic disease which effects mainly the Lungs and the Digestive System. The lungs will fill up with thick and sticky mucus and it is difficult to bring it up so it makes it hard for us to breathe, we also get infections in our lungs so we need IV antibiotics to help with the infections. We have to take medications, nebulisers and inhalers and also do physio twice a day, take creon every time we eat so it will digest our food for us, it's hard to gain weight so some people may need a feeding tube to help them. Eventually you end up having CF Related Diabetes. There is so much we have to take on in our lives to just stay alive, unfortunately there is no cure for CF.. YET! I really hope one day there will be, we need to make as much awareness as possible for this horrible illness!!! 

When I was born the doctors told my parents that the life expectancy was around 13 years old, in my case this was true because i needed a lung transplant when I was 13! and if I didn't get the transplant then i wouldn't be here now. I've lost a few close friends to CF and it brakes my heart every time I do, even if i do not know the person I get upset because every CFer means so much to me. There's 1 good side to CF which is that I have met some amazing friends in my journey with it! it's so good to know people with the same illness because they know what you are going through so you can talk to them!  

Each week 5 babies are born with CF and 2 people die from it and there are more than 9,000 people living with CF in the UK. If you would like to donate to the CF trust or do some fundraising to help raise money for a cure then please click on this link…*Cystic Fibrosis Trust* 







As always, thank you for reading,
Speak soon
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme